Installing, Recovering or upgrading your software from a DVD is NOT a quick process and can take 30-45 minutes to complete. Please be patient and allow the process plenty of time to finish.
- Mac with an Intel Processor
- A working optical drive capable of reading dual layer DVDs
- Minimum 2GB of RAM
- Minimum 9GB of disk space available
- iMac :Mid-2007 to Mid-2015
- MacBook Air :Late 2008 onwards
- MacBook :Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 onwards
- Mac Mini :Early 2009 onwards
- MacBook Pro :Mid/Late 2007 onwards
- Mac Pro :Early 2008 onwards
- Xserve :Early 2009
- Insert the DVD disc in your optical drive. It should appear on your desktop. Do NOT click on it.
- Restart your mac.
- As soon as you hear the startup chime press and hold the option [ALT] key on your keyboard.
- Choose start from optical drive/DVD symbol.
Boot disk didn't work
The repair of my old approx 14yrs
IMac was nothing less than
outstanding. The young man
handling the repair was polite and friendly and explained in detail
every action he took and why. This
was no quick fix but a logical and
integrated approach and successful
outcome which could have cost me
agreat deal of money at a private
repair shop very well done Apple.
I appreciated the quick service. The installation of this older OS requires that you disconnect from the internet and set an earlier date, there are plenty of tips on the net but it would have helped to know in advance, the problem is not the disc.
Not needed to use it yet! They do full range of Mac OS recovery which is worth knowing about for the future.
The CD was easy to install, however, I needed to change the date in the terminal under utilities during setup back to 2017 because I kept getting an error message that stated there was nothing to install after the download should have been completed. Had to try it a couple of times before I googled the issue. My MacBook was a late 2008. Eventually after the date changed the update was completed. It now runs pretty smoothly. Make sure you go to updates after the install. You may have to update/restart it a couple of times.
All Physical (USBs + DVD) items are dispatched same day if order has been made before 2pm Monday to Friday
UK Royal Mail 2-3 Days
Note: Choose this option for Instant Downloads
|48 Hours UK Tracked||£3.99|
UK NEXT DAY by 1pm?
(Cut off time 2pm Mon-Fri)
World Wide Delivery
World Wide Delivery Express
(5-7 Days Tracked)